Hair transplant has jumped leaps in recent years as it stands out to be the real way to restore your naturally growing hair. It is one of the safest and practical options for individuals suffering from male pattern baldness. Many people opt for it as they can have a fuller head of hair and a more youthful look.
Are you planning for hair transplantation surgery? Then what are the options available for restoring the lost hair? There are several options available for restoring your hair, but only a few of them are permanent. Read this article to know which hair transplantation methods are better and effective.
Hair Transplantation Methods
The methods in which the existing hair are moved to fill out the thin or bald area are referred to as hair transplantation or hair restoration methods. To our surprise, these procedures are in existence since the 1950s and have undergone a lot many changes. Among all the hair restoration techniques, FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) and FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation) is primary hair transplant techniques.
FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) Hair Transplantation
FUE elaborated as a Follicular Unit Extraction is a modern and minimally invasive hair transplantation technique in which the hair follicles are plucked individually using a punching machine. The hairs are mostly extracted from the back of your scalp and placed in the thin or bald areas.
Step By Step Procedure For FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction)
In Follicular Unit Extraction method,
- Firstly, your surgeon will shave off the back of your head
- He or she will then extract the hair follicles individually using a punching device
- Now the small incisions are made on your scalp, and the extracted grafts implanted accordingly
- Once the implantation is done the surgeon covers the scalp using bandages and gauze
Advantages of FUE Treatment:
- Helps you in restoring your lost or thinning hair
- Ensures you with a natural-looking hairline
- Involves lower risk of complications
- Lower downtime required
- Minimal postoperative discomfort
- Invisible linear scars or stitches
- Long-lasting and permanent results
Ideal Candidates For FUE Hair Transplantation
- Individuals including women aged above 30 years and have established a pattern of baldness
- People with higher hair densities and a smaller area of baldness
- Individuals opting for faster recovery from surgery
- Individuals who are fearful of cuts and stitches
- Active lifestyle persons like sportsmen
- Individuals willing to have shorter hair cuts
FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation) Hair Transplantation
Follicular Unit Transplantation or strip surgery is another popular hair restoration technique in which the strip of the hair is removed and transplanted it to the recipient area. In this procedure, the hair follicles removed at a time, and a piece containing four grafts are transplanted into the recipient area.
Step By Step Procedure For FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation)
- Firstly, your surgeon makes an incision on the back of your head and removes a piece of scalp containing hair follicles.
- Now the surgeon closes the incision using stitches and bandages
- The strip is now split into smaller units each containing four grafts and transplanted into the pre-punctured holes
- Lastly, the incisions made will be closed using bandages and gauze
Advantages of FUT treatment:
- A more considerable amount of follicles can be done in one single session
- The high survival rates of hair follicles
- Lower resection rate
- Quickly achieve hair restoration growth
- Yields better quality hair follicles
- Cost-effective treatment
Ideal Candidates For FUT Hair Transplantation
- People suffering from a larger area of baldness
- People who are desirous of pruning treatment times
- Individuals who are not scared of cuts and scars
- Individuals prepared for the more extended recovery period.
Which Hair Transplantation Method Is Better?
Both the hair transplant surgeries are useful and help you restore your lost hair. The method of extracting the hair follicles vary, but are results are same and permanent. It is quite challenging to determine the best option, but there are specific criteria to determine the best option.
To determine the best, let us first understand FUE VS FUT:
Terms of Comparison
Graft Quantity and Quality
Costs more than FUT
Charges lesser than FUE
Post Procedure Care
Include certain restrictions
Minimal or invisible scars
Before deciding on the best hair transplantation technique, always consult the best hair transplant surgeon of your area. Ask for details like advantages, ideal candidates, procedural information, and risks involved. There is a 1:1 role for both of these hair transplantation procedures, and we cannot just the best one out.
The only thing is to determine whether the procedure is for you. Meet a best hair transplant surgeon who can help you determine the appropriate option that matches your requirement. If you are planning for hair transplantation or would like to know whether you are the best candidate, contact us: 8331020202, Hairsure Hair Transplant Clinic in Hyderabad now!
About The Clinic:
HairSure is one of the leading hair clinics at Habsiguda, Hyderabad and we have the best hair transplant surgeons in Hyderabad practising at HairSure. At HairSure clinic, we have a team of experts in hair transplantation and PRP treatments. Our clinic has been rated one of the best for all hair transplant procedures and treatment for various hair problems. We assure you our services will bring you smiles.