Do you suffer from eyebrow hair loss?
What do you think causes eyebrow hair loss?
It is not surprising that people get upset when their eyebrows hair falls right! As eyebrows help you to achieve the shape of your entire face by framing your eyes!
So what makes your eyebrows fall out? It looks out that this is not a direct problem, because many diseases can cause eyebrow loss. The causes vary, ranging from infections, malnutrition, to lifestyle problems. But, recognizing the causes of eyebrow hair loss can help someone find the best treatment.
Hairsure Clinic provides this article with information about the reasons for eyebrow thinning or hair loss.
Eyebrow Hair Loss:
Eyebrow hair loss, medical name is hypotrichosis or brow madarosis. It can cause a person to see thinning hair or patches of hair that are missing on their eyebrows. It can affect both men and females. People may see one-sided or bilateral brow hair loss. Other symptoms may include itching, dry skin and hair loss or thinning hair in other parts of the body. Usually, eyebrow hair loss is not severe.
Reasons for Eyebrow Thinning or Hair Loss:
Eyebrow loss that often occurs:
The hair on your eyebrows is the same as the hair on your entire body, which means the same thing potentially influences it. Considering the factors that can cause thinning of the scalp, your eyebrows may be affected by the same things.
An improper diet can cause uneven growth of eyebrow hair or thinning existing hair. Lack of protein or vitamins, especially iron, is a common cause. Conversely, excessive vitamin intake can also cause hair loss.
Shaping eyebrows can cause hair loss to be more permanent, with extraction being the leading cause of hair loss and thinning eyebrows.
Constant plucking of the same hair in the eyebrows causes weakening of the follicles and damage, which in turn stops hair growth.
Even make-up can attack eyebrow hair. Applying eyebrow pencil and scrubbing at the end of the day to remove make-up might be detrimental if repeated over a long period.
The following sections explain the possible causes of eyebrow hair loss.
Normal Aging Process:
The ageing process or hormonal imbalance can cause eyebrow hair loss. As people get older, they may see thinning or hair loss that affects the head, eyebrows, eyelashes and other areas.
Over time, some hair follicles stop producing hair, and the hair shaft becomes smoother. Hair also loses its colour, becoming white or grey. This type of hair loss is a normal part of ageing.
An imbalance of thyroid hormone can cause eyebrow hair to fail. The following conditions cause this:
- Hyperthyroidism: A condition in which the body produces too much thyroid hormone
- Hypothyroidism: The body does not produce enough thyroid hormones
The second type of thyroid imbalance is related to eyebrow hair loss. Especially in hypothyroidism, people can see hair loss in the outer third of the eyebrows, the thinnest part that leads towards the ear.
Hair loss related to the thyroid gland is usually temporary, and hair must be full again as soon as thyroid function returns to normal. The doctor can prescribe medication to balance the level of the thyroid gland.
Autoimmune diseases are caused when the immune system mistakenly attacks the body’s cells. The immune system can attack healthy cells that contribute to hair growth. It can cause hair loss, hair thinning, or patches.
Autoimmune diseases that can cause hair loss include:
- Alopecia Areata: A condition that causes hair loss on the head and other body parts, which may consist of eyebrows
- Frontal Fibrosing Alopecia: A form of alopecia that mainly attacks people after menopause. In about 39% of cases, hair loss on eyebrows occurs before hair loss on the scalp
- Discoid Lupus Erythematosus: A chronic autoimmune disease that causes skin sores, scars and hair loss on the face and eyebrows.
Healthy skin is essential for healthy hair. It is because hair grows directly from follicles present underneath the skin. Certain skin conditions can cause itchy and scaly skin rashes.
People may lose eyebrows due to dermatitis, dry skin, and rubbing or itching of the eyebrows. Common skin conditions that can cause itchy rashes and eyebrow hair loss are:
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Seborrheic Dermatitis
Fungal infections with tinea capitis can occur not only on the scalp but also on eyebrows and other facial hair. It can cause temporary hair loss while treatment removes mould. Humans can infect ringworms through contact with an infected person or from surfaces such as furniture or bedding.
When you feel excessive stress and anxiety, then the body has some physiological changes, that include the oxygen to hair follicles. These cause the hormone levels that fluctuate that cause eyebrow hair loss.
Zinc supplements can help restore hair. The food a person consumes has a significant effect on the health of the skin and hair. The body needs certain nutrients to create healthy hair. The following malnutrition can cause eyebrow hair loss:
- Fatty Acid Deficiency: The lack of fatty acids found in fish, nuts and seeds can cause eyebrow hair loss.
- Biotin Deficiency: Inadequate intake of biotin can cause hair loss and thin. Although biotin is a popular hair growth supplement, there is limited evidence of its effectiveness.
- Zinc deficiency: Zinc deficiency can cause hair loss. Zinc supplements can support hair growth in people with deficiencies. To know more about foods that should ensure healthy hair growth contact Hairsure Clinic. They will provide you with the best options for the prevention and treatment of eyebrow hair loss.
Side Effects of Some Medications and Treatments:
Hair loss as a possible side effect with medication, which can also affect eyebrows. These medicines include:
- Acitretin: A retinoid drug that helps people treat skin conditions such as psoriasis
- Chemotherapy: Cancer treatment
- Valproic acid: An anticonvulsant that treats seizures and bipolar disorder
Although less common, certain genetic conditions can cause eyebrow hair loss. The provisions include:
- Ectodermal Dysplasia: This is a group of disorders that affect the skin, hair, nails, and teeth. They can also cause thin or loss of hair on eyebrows, eyelashes and other body parts.
- Netherton Syndrome: This condition affects the skin, hair and the immune system. It can cause brittle and slightly damaged hair or bamboo hair. This condition tends to exist from birth.
Other reasons for Eyebrow Hair loss:
- Chemical burns
- Trichotillomania, a hair-pulling disorder
- Basal cell carcinoma
- Folliculotropic mycosis fungoides
- Squamous cell carcinoma
Treatments for Eyebrow Hair Loss:
Before you think about treatment, you should consult with a doctor to make sure there are no medical causes. If this is the case, treatment for hair loss can fail. Therefore, it is essential to exclude them first.
Eyebrow Hair transplantation can be a very effective way to replace lost hair, providing a permanent solution and a healthy appearance. At Hairsure Clinic, as per our treatment eyebrow needs between 250 and 400 hairs and is planted carefully and in the right direction, the final result is natural and smooth. What you need is local anaesthesia; this procedure is painless and comfortable and does not require overnight accommodation.
Provided when there are no diseases that require treated continuously; eyebrow transplantation can be an excellent solution for thinning or hair loss.
The Hairsure Clinic offers FUE hair, beards and eyebrow transplantation. Visit Today!
There are many causes for eyebrow hair loss. It may be related to hormonal imbalances, skin conditions, nutritional deficiencies or medications as explained above.
Overcoming the cause of hair loss in many cases can allow a person to prevent eyebrow hair loss. Topical treatments and cosmetic treatments can also help restore hair growth.
So, it’s time for you to stop worrying about your brows and take steps to prevent them! Try the medicine prescribed by the doctor. If it does not help you, then eyebrow hair transplantation is the best option for the best result.
Contact Hairsure Clinic and book your appointment for the perfect eyebrow transplantation.
About HairSure Clinic:
HairSure is one of the leading hair clinics at Habsiguda, Hyderabad and we have the best hair transplant surgeons in Hyderabad practising at HairSure. At HairSure clinic, we have a team of experts in hair transplantation and PRP treatments. Our clinic has been rated one of the best for all hair transplant procedures and treatment for various hair problems. We assure you our services will bring you smiles.