The concept of beauty stems from two thoughts of school, one being true-self and the other being ideal-self. A person who believes in true-self admires the way he is and does not wish to enhance his looks irrespective of how he looks. An ideal-self believer wishes to enhance his natural looks by means of available medical techniques and by means of application of beauty products.
A Guide To BEARD TRANSPLANT At Any Age
The recent trend in the men fashion industry is that of beard transplant. This procedure is both for those who wish to grow a beard.
Growing a Hair on the chin and lower cheeks of man’s face are known as a Beard. A man with a beard has a rugged and manly look that most women find attractive. A beard is a man’s makeup, the beard can also have cosmetic benefits as it can hide acne or acne scars and strengthen a weak jawline. Earlier, a male sporting a clean shave was considered a gentleman and one who grew a beard was taken to be a ruffian. Now, a grown beard which is neatly tucked or a trimmed beard is a mark of a gentleman.
Men with beards are taken to be metrosexual, which is a trait likened by many. Bearded men are sexy as hell, especially combined with long hair, which is just a touch of elegance.
Masculine and strong things that remind a person with a beard. It is a longing that’s having a beard makes you more patient as it takes a lot of time to grow and care for it.
What are the benefits of growing a beard
Other than making the heads turn in your direction and improving your aesthetic look, yes there are quite a few advantages of growing a beard:
Beard screens the Sun’s harmful UV rays from getting into contact with your neck, chin, and cheek area, thereby protecting from the possible contraction of skin cancer.
A beard can also shield you from cold during the Winter season. A thick grown beard is as good as wrapping skin under a woolen cloth.
Frequent shaving leaves blisters and cuts on the skin and also tends to leave the skin hard, whereas a beard takes all the hoarseness of the weather and, leaves the skin smooth and soft.
Men prefer angular jawline and don’t look much attractive with a flat jawline. A beard hides a flat jawline and any scars or hideous marks on the skin.
Why the change in trend from clean shaven to beard
Well, the change in trend, for the most part, is attributable to movie actors and sportspersons. This trend has also tapped the tier II and tier III cities as well. Movies which did fairly well at the box office had its lead role sport a fancy beard and as a result, the fashion took off. Also, Some of the actors who have set the tone for the rise of beard culture in the South Film Industry are:
Tollywood Actor : Movie name (having beard)
Jr. NTR : Nannaku prematho, Janatha garage
Rana Daggubati : Bahubali, Nene Raju Nene Mantri
Varun Tej : Fida
Vijay Devarakonda : Arjun Reddy
Ram Charan Tej : Rangasthalam
Nithin : LIE
Naga Chaitanya : Majili
Yash : KGF
Dhanush : Maari and Maari 2
Criteria for choosing Beard Styles:
Growing a beard and caring for the beard by application of essential oils wouldn’t alone enough. One has to trim/shape the beard to look classy. Opting for a particular style of beard depends mainly on the shape of the face.
The key for a perfect facial hairstyle is to make sure that beard flows from the cheeks, chin line and further down, forming an oval shape. If you are the person who has a square or round jaw, make sure to grow the beard further down the chin to get that elongated look of the chin. If you tend to have a rectangular shape, hair on the sides (cheeks) should be more, and that on the chin is relatively less.
Square Face: Hair to be grown full in the chin area and trimmed on the sides (cheeks).
Round Face: Hair to be grown from the chin deep to get that edgy/pointed shape. Hair should be trimmed on the sides (cheeks).
Rectangular face: Hair on the sides (cheeks) should be allowed to grow, whereas hair on the chin should be kept short.
Oval face: If you have an oval face, then it is similar to having an AB+ blood group. It means, most beard styles go well with oval faces.
Why cannot all men grow a beard:
- It is a fact that many of the men cannot grow a beard. This is called, in medical terminology, ‘Perpetual Baby Face Syndrome.’ This isn’t a medical condition but has to do everything with genes inherited from our parents.
- Facial hair growth happens because of dihydrotestosterone, a derivative of testosterone hormone. Growth of facial hair depends on the responsiveness of our body to the hormone. All male have the same level of testosterone, but those whose bodies are more sensitive or responsive to the hormone tend to grow a thick and long beard. It is important to note that not being able to grow a beard has nothing to do with one’s manliness.
- If you are a few unlucky ones who can’t grow a healthy beard, facial hair transplant is the best solution. It provides guaranteed results and doesn’t just make feel like a placebo. We are not discouraging you from trying more traditional methods, but if nothing else work, you may always come to our Hair Sure Clinic for beard and hair transplant.
To grow a beard, our body needs the following:
- Vitamin A and Beta-carotene: Vitamin A does the work of repairing skin tissue, which is the foundation for the growth of a healthy beard.
- Beta-carotene is a nourishing substance that the body converts into Vitamin A. Beta-carotene is mostly found in foods that are low in saturated fats such as sweet potatoes, spinach, carrots, poultry, fish, nuts, and peas, etc
- Protein: Protein aids in healthy hair growth. Food such as chicken, fish, eggs, nuts, and yogurt are rich in protein.
- Vitamins C and E: Vitamin C and E help the body with the production of Sebum, which lubricates skin and hair. Food such as almonds, broccoli, fruits, spinach, green peppers, sunflower seeds, mangos, and peanut butter are a rich source of Vitamin C and E.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Omega-3 found abundantly in fish helps in faster hair growth and protects cell membranes, thus preventing your beard from becoming brittle or dry. Walnuts, Salmon, and flaxseed oil are a few food items which are abundant in Omega-3 Fatty Acids.
- Zinc: Zinc is one such mineral which helps in boosting our immune system and also to grow and repair skin tissue. Our body does not store Zinc as it does with carbohydrates, proteins, and vitamins. So, we have to incorporate food rich in Zinc such as red meat, shellfish, beans, nuts, eggs, and whole grains to help with skin repair.
Despite providing the food as mentioned above, some may fail to grow a wholesome beard. For those who couldn’t grow a beard, they go for using some creams, sprays which are available in the market if they fail with that also then finally they go for Beard Transplant is a viable option. Continue your reading to know more about Beard Transplant and learn how it can turn your face to young look and charming.
Beard transplant has become a trend all over the world, and men are taking an interest in getting a stylish and beautiful beard on their face. Men with a beard have always been considered rugged, attractive, and manly.
Also, studies show that women find like bearded men more attractive than shaved ones. Those who are having trouble with growing a beard need not get disappointed because modern technology has brought a perfect solution in the form of Beard Transplantation procedure.
The process of beard transplantation, in general, is done in the following way:
- Marking for Beard transplantation
- Extraction for Bread Transplantation
- Graft extracted by double forceps
- 7MM Burr being used for minimal scarring
- Anesthesia by using field lock on the face
- Graft being implanted by stick and placement method
- Holes by a needle for implanting
- Mustache transplantation
- Graft being hydrated
- Betadine spray
- A final wash of transplanted hair
- Antibiotic applied
- The final picture of graft transplanted
- Dressing being done
Types of Beard transplantation
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) and Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) are the two major types of hair transplant procedures.
In both the said procedures, the surgeons remove hair from the donor site.
1.Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE):
- It is the common method for hair transplantation, As the name suggests, in this procedure, the hair follicles are extracted one by one by a needle and are planted through small circular incisions over a larger target area.
- This procedure involves time, and the operating surgeon should be highly experienced and skilled to perform such a procedure.
- Care should be taken to extract the whole follicle from the root, as planting whole follicle may fail the transplantation procedure. This procedure is carried out under local anesthesia.
- Scarring is common in the donor site from where the hair follicles were extracted. The patient recovery time is fairly low, and the pain experienced post surgery is also less.
Recommended Reading: https://www.hairsure.in/fue-hair-transplant-in-hyderabad
2. Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT):
n this procedure, strips of skin with hair are removed from the donor site. These strips contain oil (sebaceous glands), muscle, hair follicles, and nerves. The strips are further broken down into minute strips containing one or two hair follicles. These tiny strips are carefully inserted into tiny incisions made in the target area. The resultant hair growth following this procedure is similar to that of natural beard hair growth.
The Advantages of FUE and FUT procedures
FUE procedure is relatively popular than FUT. Let’s look at the advantages of FUE over FUT.
- FUE doesn’t leave behind a linear scar, which is not the case with FUT procedure.
- As mentioned earlier, recovery time with FUE is relatively less when compared to FUT, which means that you can return to regular physical activity in less time. The healing time is dependent on the scars made. The scars left after performing FUE are very tiny and thin because of the needle used, hence lesser time of healing. The scars left after by FUT are relatively big and linear in shape and take time to heal completely
- For people who have loose skin, extracting skin tissue under FUT leaves bog scars, which is not the case with FUE.
- FUE results in tiny minute scars, which are very hard to see. Although scars left after FUT are also relatively less visible, they are spread over a vast area.
- There is little to no discomfort post-operative with FUE, whereas with FUT, there is significant discomfort post-operative.
FUT procedures are most commonly used in hair transplants, as well, and have some advantages:
- FUT harvests a larger amount of hair from the donor region; it makes it easier to achieve maximum fullness for the beard transplant.
- In FUT, the donor strip is removed from the mid-portion of the harvest zone to obtain a sufficient number of grafts.
- If you are allergic to any of the medication that the physician prescribed you Let the physician’s office know.
- Antibiotic is commonly given as a postoperative medication in any surgery, which prevents infection, pain, or discomfort in the donor area.
- To apply to the donor area, an antibiotic ointment is also prescribed twice a day for up to five days after the transplant.
Caring for the transplanted areas
- You can resume shaving from a week to 10 days after the procedure.
- The signs of having had the procedure usually subside within five to seven days. Most people only will notice your new hair growth and perhaps some mild flaking.
- Gently rub the tiny crusts formed at the site of each graft if they won’t fall off within four to six days.
- After the transplantation process dont wet the area for five days.
- The FUE procedure doesn’t have sutures, so you won’t have to remove or let them dissolve on their own.
- At graft site and the donor are it is normal and common to have numbness, tingling, and other sensations and may last for several weeks before resolving itself on its own.
- Once the transplantation is done, the hair will grow just like normal beard hairs.
Ever since man has become aware of his aesthetic look, he has attempted to change every bit of his real-self to ideal-self. Part of this change is attributable to movies, sports, and social media.
Most men have issue with growing a beard. Studies show that men with beard are found to be more attractive and confident than clean shaved ones. Beard is also associated with ruggedness and masculinity.
The growth of beard is dependent on how responsive a human body is to dihydrotestosterone (a derivative compound of testosterone). For those whose body is not responsive to the said compound, the medical field has offered its solution in the form of Beard Transplant. To have further communication in this regard, schedule an
appointment with us at HairSure Clinic and Get consultation about Beard Transplant.