Losing hair for any individual at any age can be distressing. The fact is, everyone will suffer some degree of hair fall at a certain age. But the thing is at what age and how fast the hair fall happens. There were several factors which trigger your hair fall. Hair fall may be due to hereditary, lifestyle, stress, pollution, nutritional imbalance and many others.
Your skin and hair are the first parts of the body which are exposed to pollution. Unfortunately, hair is left to little unprotected from air pollution and other environmental factors. As your hair is often unprotected, it’s very likely to damage by air pollution. Air pollutants like soot, dirt, dust and gases can cause dryness of hair, scalp irritation, breakage and even premature baldness.
Some people are more allergic to the dust, dirt and grime which cause damage to your hair and finally lead to hair loss. Hair loss is affecting more than 70% of the population and it is even increasing especially in urban environments where the quality of air is worse and has an adverse effect on the hair. Due to pollution dandruff also increasing and become one of the major causes of hair fall.
In the present day scenario air is heavily loaded with dust, matter, lead, smoke, nickel, and other toxic contents, they not only put your interior health at risk but also affect your hair very badly. This toxic content present in the air enters the bloodstream and restricts hair growth.
Yes, emotional stress or anxiety can lead to hair loss. There are different types of hair loss associated with high stress or anxiety which include
Telogen effluvium: In this condition, heavy stress pushes more numbers of hair follicles into the resting phase. Within a short period of time, all of a sudden the affected hairs may fall out while combing or washing your hair.
Trichotillomania: This is a condition where you pick or pull out hairs from your scalp, eyebrows or around your body. You may not realise you’re doing it because of uncomfortable feelings, like stress, tension, loneliness, frustration.
Alopecia areata: It is a condition where you may lose big clumps of hair in patches around your scalp due to severe stress.
Hypothyroidism: It is one of the factors that contribute to hair loss which can be mostly seen in Middle-aged men and women.
Most of the people experience hair fall is due to hereditary. However, hereditary is not the only cause for your hair fall. Your general health and lifestyle is the other biggest factor contributing to your hair loss.
Obesity: Obesity is one of the reasons for your hair loss. The production of thyroxine and insulin will be reduced when you’re overweight. These hormonal imbalances create chain reactions throughout your body, and some reactions can cause thinning of your hair or fall out completely.
Smoking: Smoking restricts the blood flow through vessels throughout the body. Hair follicles always need a fresh supply of blood to stay healthy. Slowing the flow of blood makes regrowing of hair harder. so when the hair strands fall out they are very less likely replaced. This can cause baldness quicker over the years.
Unhealthy Food Habits: Unhealthy diet in your daily routine plays an effective role in your hair loss. When you don’t get required vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients for the growth of your hair from the diet, it can lead to hair loss. For example, inadequate protein in your diet can cause damage to your hair, and prevent your body’s potential to build new hair follicles. Usually, weight loss diets can also lead to hair loss, which is most commonly noticed after losing certain body weight.
People with inadequate nutritional supplements often lead to hair loss. Important vitamins like vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin D, and vitamin E plays a crucial role in maintaining healthy hair and scalp. Some other nutritional deficiencies like iron deficiency, zinc deficiency etc, also lead to hair loss.
Remedies To Prevent Hair Loss
- When it comes to haircare, Zinc and iron, both are important minerals for having strong and healthy hair. Often, some types of hair loss are also associated with iron deficiencies. So you need to take sufficient Zinc and Iron with diet to avoid hair fall.
- Stop smoking cigarettes.
- Wear a hat when you go out in sunlight for a long time.
- Take Biotin supplements. It is a form of vitamin B which helps in healthy growth of hair.
- Use FDA approved hair loss products.
- Meditation is one of the best options to get relief from stress so that it can reduce hair loss.
- Follow the best diet to reduce hair fall.
- You need to avoid Shampoos containing chemicals which lead to Hair fall. The reason behind the hair fall due to frequent shampooing is because most of the shampoos contain harsh chemicals like sulfates that affect your hair.
- When you feel stressed play some music to get relief.
- Wear a hat. Hats can actually serve a purpose in covering your hair and scalp and protect it from airborne particles that could be toxic and harmful to your hair.
- Pollution and other environmental factors will dry out your hair and scalp, staying hydrated can counteract this and is good for your health as well as hair.
- You need to adjust your styling routine, as over-styling with colour and heat along with the effects of pollution and other environmental factors does a lot of damage to hair.
- Deep conditioners are also helpful in repairing your damaged hair. Deep conditioning penetrates deep into the hair hydrating and repairs it.
Following the above remedies and avoiding the factors that cause serious damage to your hair can stop your hair fall. Contact our experts at Hair Sure Clinic to get the best suggestions and treatment for all your hair fall problems.
About The Clinic:
HairSure is one of the leading hair clinics at Habsiguda, Hyderabad and we have the best hair transplant surgeons in Hyderabad practising at HairSure. At HairSure clinic, we have a team of experts in hair transplantation and PRP treatments. Our clinic has been rated one of the best for all hair transplant procedures and treatment for various hair problems. We assure you our services will bring you smiles.