A body hair transplant (BHT) or body-hair-to-head transplant is a breakthrough procedure for the individuals who have been turned away by most clinics as “poor candidates” for hair transplantation. It is an advanced FUE procedure which requires grafting of follicular units-natural groups of one to four hairs-one at a time. Hair can be harvested from donor areas like beard, chest, shoulders, stomach, arms and legs.
When the standard donor area from the scalp is not enough, then the grafts can also be extracted from other body areas. The common sites used for Body Hair Transplant in Hyderabad include:
- Beard (most commonly used)
- Chest and back
- Underarms and arms
- Pubic area and legs
Benefits of Body Hair Transplant in Hairsure clinic, Hyderabad:
- Highly cost-effective
- Experienced in more than 2000 hair transplantations
- World-class hair transplant technology
- Highly successful results
- Best ambient clinic
Some of the benefits of Body Hair Transplant include:
- Body hair transplant makes the pool of donor’s hair virtually endless making the severe hair loss individuals potential candidates.
- There will always be hair to harvest for future transplants if needed.
- It offers more definitive hair design
- Quick recovery time and negligible scarring
- Don’t need to undergo any other kind of treatment for hair growth
- The process is extremely simple
- Desired outcomes which can be received in one step
- Don’t need to undergo full anaesthesia
Who should get a body hair transplant?
A body hair transplant (BHT) is mostly performed among male with no enough hair supply at the donor of the scalp. It supports a regular hair transplant to cover the severe balding area and should not be solely performed on patients with large-scale miniaturizations or extensive baldness.
Successful results from Body hair transplant (BHT) are very rare. BHT can only be performed after evaluating the resources of donor’s hair at the scalp of every patient. The following are the ideal candidates who can go for Body Hair Transplant:
- A patient looking for complete coverage in one sitting
- Individuals with poor scalp donor
- Individuals with previously failed hair transplant with depleted scalp donor
- Individuals with retrograde thinning of scalp donor
- Individuals with old and thick grafts and would like to repair this
- A patient looking for a thicker head of hair with more volume
How Does Body Hair Transplantation Work?
Body hair transplantation uses an advanced form of follicular unit extraction or FUE in which the BHT harvests donor hairs one by one, in follicular units. Donor hair can be gathered from the areas such as beard, chest, stomach, arms or legs. The hairs are selected and excised using a handheld device that can be manual or powered.
The tiny.8 to 1.2mm incisions are small enough requiring no stitching and heal such that scarring is negligible. Once the follicles are extracted, they are retained carefully in a solution until the time of implantation into the recipient area. Numerous tiny slits are made in the bald area, where these follicles find their new home. Most patients can see the full growth and thickness of the new hair after 18 months of post-surgery.
Use of Body Hair Transplant:
- To achieve a greater density in patients with weak donor area on the scalp.
- To fill large areas of the bald patch on the head.
- To correct/ repair hair transplant
Body Hair Transplant Cost
Body Hair Transplant Cost is estimated by the total number of grafts needed depending on the extent of baldness area. The cost varies depending on the extent of the problem and the requirement of the patient. It can be calculated using a simple formula:
“Total cost of hair transplantation = count of grafts x cost per graft”
When is Body Hair Transplant effective?
Body Hair Transplant is effective, when:
- Hair density needs to be increased during transplant
- There aren’t enough grafts available on the scalp
- The bald areas on the scalp are large requiring more grafts
- Some correction or repair has to be done
Special Considerations before opting a Body Hair Transplant:
There are some considerations that patients should be aware of. The differences between the hair in the scalp and body hair before going under the body hair transplant procedure. The most affecting factors for the transplanted hair are colour, thickness and hair structure.
There following are the four major concerns for the patients receiving hair transplants using body hair:
- The difference in the structure of scalp hair and body hair.
- The process of removing body hair
- Incompatibility between scalp hair and body hair.
- Hair death in two or three years following the hair transplant procedure.
Body Hair Transplant is considered relatively new and risky by many surgeons, but it comes with many benefits and rewards. However, this procedure has admitted drawbacks, but the world-leading BHT practitioners believe that the benefits outweigh drawbacks.
Many patients at Hair Sure, Best Hair Transplant Clinic in Hyderabad have found it to be a highly successful, redeeming and rewarding practice. Find here the body hair transplant success rate.
About The Clinic:
HairSure is one of the leading hair clinics at Habsiguda, Hyderabad and we have the best hair transplant surgeons in Hyderabad practising at HairSure. At HairSure clinic, we have a team of experts in hair transplantation and PRP treatments. Our clinic has been rated one of the best for all hair transplant procedures and treatment for various hair problems. We assure you our services will bring you smiles.