In today’s world, both men and women are giving lots of importance to their aesthetic appearance. In men, sapphire hair transplantation is the most frequently applied procedure to get aesthetically pleasing results. Sapphire hair transplantation is the latest modification in FUE hair transplantation, whereby sapphire blades and microchannels are opened at the recipient site. Sapphire blades are not made from natural sapphire crystals, instead from a single crystal of synthetic sapphire made from aluminium oxide. Sapphire blades are more robust than steel blades, and their sharpness stays for a long time. Due to the cutting-edge technology of the blades used in sapphire hair transplantation. If all factors are identical, sapphire hair transplantation offers the best result for the patient. In this blog, let us understand the unique benefits provided by the Sapphire Hair Transplant technique.
How Does Sapphire Hair Transplantation work?
First, with the help of micromotors, the required hair for transplantation are extracted from the individual’s donor area. Once the extraction process is completed, channels are opened at the desired angle, direction, and frequency using sapphire blades. This is the most critical phase in the whole process. Now, the surgeon starts the implantation and the hair follicles are taken from the donor area are lodged into micro incisions created earlier. Now the sapphire hair transplantation process is completed.
In the first 2-3 weeks, hair loss occurs, which is very typical, known as shock hair loss. Six months after the procedure, the hairs start to grow, and by the end of the first year, a great extent of hair is grown back. In 2 years, the patient will see the full effect.
What are the Advantages of Sapphire Hair Transplantation?
Though a relatively new procedure, the carefully crafted surgical blades give enormous benefits to the whole procedure as listed below:-
- The surface of sapphire blades is hard and smooth, resulting in perfect cuts. Due to the unique nature of the blades, there is minor tissue damage.
- Since the micro incisions are smooth, recovery is rapid.
- Since the ends of sapphire blades are V-shaped, our doctors can make more frequent incisions, allowing more frequent and more natural results from FUE hair transplantation.
- To get the most natural look, the direction and angle of transplantation are essential. Sapphire blades offer better flexibility than conventional methods regarding the angle under which the incisions are made. This flexibility makes this method most popular in terms of aesthetic appearance.
- For anyone with a metal allergy, they cannot go through hair transplantation with steel blades. However, with the use of sapphire blades, they can safely think about undergoing the procedure. They can confidently undergo the procedure with sapphire blades.
- Due to the smooth nature of the sapphire blades, there is less possibility of germs getting attached to this surface. Hence, the risk of infection is reduced.
- The use of micromotors for hair extraction enables a denser and more natural-looking outcome. A higher number of grafts are collected in a shorter time from the donor area.
- Since the tissue damage in the hair follicles during the transplantation phase is less, swelling (oedema), tissue trauma and irregular wound corners are at a very minimum level compared to traditional methods.
- One of the most significant advantages of sapphire hair transplantation is the evenness in-depth and the width of the incisions. Hence, the incisions are neither deep nor shallow, decreasing the success rate of hair transplantation.
Sapphire hair transplantation, which has been applied since 2016, is relatively new compared to other methods. This technique, which has an efficient application style, is frequently preferred over other methods with its effective results. Sapphire hair transplant method is the best and comfortable method for patients compared to other methods.