For women, one important aspect of getting dressed pertains to their hair. While their clothes, accessories and makeup take centrestage, their hairdo holds an important place, too. It’s understandable, therefore, that when women start losing hair, they start losing their sleep over it, too.
Now, apart from aesthetics, hair is an essential part of the body, as it protects the skin from various bacteria and viruses or germs as such.
Hair loss is one of the most common conditions in men and women. Even though it occurs in most men, it primarily affects women to a great extent. Hair loss is generally the falling of hair from various parts of the body.
Unfortunately, hair loss comes in various types and its causes are vast. While some types can cause permanent damage and baldness, others cause partial baldness in patches.
Even though hair loss is a common condition and a serious one as well, there is no need to worry, there are hair loss treatments which are available in most reputed hair clinics.
Causes of Hair loss:
- Hereditary: Genetics play one of the most important roles as the causes of hair loss. If someone in the family, especially a parent has a condition of hair loss, it is highly likely that the child will have hair loss as well.
- Trauma and Surgeries: Another cause of hairloss is if a person goes through a particular surgery or any kind of traumatic event. Hair loss resulting from this does not require any treatment. Hair usually starts growing back naturally.
- Hormonal Conditions: This is also a major cause of hair loss in women. Any kind of hormones associated with childbirth, pregnancy, menopause, birth control pills can cause hair loss.
- Medical Conditions: If a person is suffering from a particular medical condition such as thyroid, ringworm disease and so on, these might trigger hair loss as well.
Hair loss Treatment for Women:
In a country like India, where people perceive women with no hair as usually something negative, it is always better not to leave hair loss untreated. Women who are bald are often perceived to either have cancer or to have gone through a personal loss. Hair loss treatments are not to satisfy the social stigma, but to gain self confidence and also protect the body as well.
Hence there are various hair loss treatments for women which can help them get hair back.
Some of the hair loss treatments for women are:
- Medication: Medicines are usually the first course of hair loss treatments for women and men. There are tablets as well as topical creams which are applied directly to the scalp. Some of the medicines which are taken orally may have some side effects hence the doctors prescribing them should inform the patients about it.
- Medical Procedures: There are also quite a few medical procedures or surgeries which constitute as hair loss treatments for women. Procedures such as hair transplant surgery, where the surgeon surgically removes small plugs of hair from one part of the head and transfers it to the bald patch. It is usually done for men and women who have inherited hair loss genetically.
- Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment: In this procedure of hair growth, a trichologist adminsters a thin injection of your own platelet rich plasma into the scalp. Once the plasma is injected, the growth factors in the blood cells start working eventually stimulating hair growth.
Another medical procedure is Scalp Reduction where the surgeon removes the bald patch of skin and closes the area by adding a portion of skin which has hair.
Hair loss occurs without us knowing about the causes but we can prevent it from happening. There are so many hairstyles today which women try and experiment on their hair. Thereare different types of braids, ponytails or even buns. The exertion of follicles due to this experimentation often results in hair loss.
About The Clinic:
HairSure is one of the leading hair clinics at Habsiguda, Hyderabad and we have the best hair transplant surgeons in Hyderabad practising at HairSure. Trichologists at the HairSure clinic are experts in hair transplantation and PRP treatment etc. Two of our leading doctors are known to be the best trichologists in Hyderabad.