Who is not afraid of hair loss? At some point, we are all afraid that we can lose too much hair. Even though it’s only a false alarm most of the time, in some cases, it’s more than usual. But what can cause unexpected hair loss?
If you have been experiencing hair fall, the first thing to do would be consulting a doctor. One of the most common problems we face today is hair fall. Although losing 25 to 50 strands of hair in a day is normal, hair loss can sometimes be rapid, causing anxiety. Some situations, such as hair loss after pregnancy (telogen effluvium), can be resolved by itself. And remember shedding hair every day, which is very normal.
If hair loss is permanent, you need to go to the doctor. Your doctor may be able to diagnose whether your hair loss caused by thyroid problems, stress, scalp infections, androgenic alopecia, or just ageing.
In this article, we will discuss the causes of hair fall, and how you can reduce it. Here are some simple steps you can take to control your hair loss. There are many things you can do to slow down or stop hair loss. But what you do depends on why your hair is falling out.
What Are The Causes Of Hair Fall?
The reason hair loss varies from person to person. While external factors can be responsible in some cases, some severe illnesses, malnutrition and inheritance are also the leading causes of baldness in most female patients. The main factors that can cause premature hair loss in women are:
- Hereditary Factors
- Hormonal Changes
- Physical And Mental Stress
- Scalp Infection
- Alopecia Areata
- Medication And Treatments
- Thyroid Disorders
- Overprocessing And Styling
- Iron Deficiency, Anemia, And Blood Loss
- Crash Diets And Malnutrition
- Over Supplementation
How To Reduce Hair Fall:
- Hair Care:
A few small changes to your daily routine can help reduce hair loss.
- Use a wide-toothed comb to untangle your hair. You can then use your regular brush. It reduces hair damage and hair loss. It’s also important to remember that you shouldn’t comb your hair when it’s wet. Your hair is most vulnerable when it is wet, which increases the chance of damage.
- Another tip is to use towels properly. Drying the hair vigorously with a towel causes damage, leads to hair damage and pulls the hair. Instead, use your cloth to squeeze out excess moisture from your hair and allow it to dry naturally.
- Try shampoo that does not contain sulfate, silicone, and parabens to avoid exposing your scalp and hair to strong chemicals that cause damage and make your hair brittle and frizzy
- Wash your hair at least every three days with a mild hair cleanser or shampoo to remove accumulated dust, dirt, oil and bacteria. Always keep it clean so that hair does not fall from blocked follicles. It is also essential that you wash your hair no more than three times a week. Excessive washing frees the scalp hair from natural oils necessary for healthy hair growth.
- Don’t expose your hair to frequent chemical treatments, excessive blow-drying, ironing and colouring, as this can cause hair loss. If you dye your hair and have problems with hair loss, it might be a good idea to take a break before adding more chemicals to your hair. A study showed that allergic contact dermatitis caused by hair dye could cause an increase in hair loss.
- Avoid daily hairstyles such as ponytails, braids. Using hair bands tight to pull your hair back can cause your hair to fall out.
1. Feed Hair: Follow A Balanced Diet:
Hair also needs vitamins and minerals in the right amounts.
- Vitamin A increases healthy sebum production in the scalp and also helps hair growth that are available in green vegetables, paprika, mango, papaya, and many more.
- Vitamin B12 is found in milk, milk products, nuts and more. It is useful for hair growth.
- Biotin is essential for hair health. Biotin deficiency can cause hair loss and hair loss. So if you suffer from hair loss, eat foods such as dairy products, nuts, green vegetables, e.g. Cabbage, which is a rich source of biotin in your regular diet.
- Protein is a hair building material. Adequate protein intake improves hair health and helps reduce hair loss. Take yourself with a protein-rich diet in the form of lentils, dried beans, cottage cheese, and of course milk.
Hydrate your hair: Drink enough water:
Keep your body hydrated. Hair shaft contains a quarter of water. So, drink at least eight to twelve glasses of water a day to maintain moisture and develop healthy hair.
Yoga And Exercise:
You will be surprised at how much stress can cause hair loss. And nothing reduces stress and physical activity. Regular exercise such as yoga can make a significant contribution to relieving stress and stops hair fall out.
Massage Scalp With Essential Oils:
Massage the scalp with essential oils for a few minutes helping the hair follicles to stay active.
Oil can penetrate hair well and prevent hair from losing moisture. Hair tends less to damage and remain thick and robust. Castor oil has excellent hair growth properties and is considered an effective remedy for hair loss.
Heat the oil for a few minutes. Rub gently on the scalp and clean hair and let the oil penetrate the scalp. Leave it for several hours, preferably overnight, and then wash with a mild shampoo.
Be Careful: Avoid Hot Water:
Hair is a delicate structure. Don’t use water that is too hot to wash your hair. Hot water removes the colour from the hair and activates oil-producing glands. Use cold or warm water to thin the secretions of the oil glands, remove impurities, and improve blood circulation.
It is best to end with a cold shower. Such a finish stimulates blood circulation at the root of the hair and makes your hair look smooth and shiny.
Smoking reduces blood flow to the scalp, and this causes a reduction in hair growth.
Regenerate Your Hair: Sleep:
A healthy sleep pattern can help you overcome many hair problems, so you get 7 to 8 hours of sleep every day.
Avoid sleeping with loose hair:
If you have long or medium length hair, you should braid it before going to sleep. It prevents you from tangling and frizzy. It also prevents hair from breaking and falling.
When to see a doctor:
Although hair loss can be a small problem, there are some cases where you need medical attention. Ask your doctor if there is no change in your hair fall after following all above given tips and if you have the following symptoms.
- Hair loss in an unusual pattern
- Pain or itching combined with hair loss
- Red, scaly, or abnormal scalp.
- Bald spots on the eyebrows
- Weight gain, muscle weakness, temperature sensitivity or fatigue combined with hair loss
- Hair loss of scalp infection for people with genetic and hair loss due to chemotherapy.
The doctor may suggest some of the below tips:
Supplements And Medicines:
Many hair restorations can help thicken and reduce hair. Even certain vitamin supplements make a significant contribution to improving the health and volume of your hair. However, do not start taking supplements without consulting a doctor. The doctor may suggest you with some of the FDA approved medications like:
Also known as Rogaine, this drug works in about two-thirds of women who try it. Apply for medicines in the form of liquid or foam to scalp every day. Side effects are irritation of the scalp and zits on the application site. Less common side effects are irregular heartbeat and blurred vision.
This prescription pill, also called Propecia, can slow down hair loss and even stimulate new growth. It is approved for men and works better for women under the age of 60. Women who are pregnant or may be pregnant should avoid this drug
Injections of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) into the scalp stimulate growth in areas of hair loss. Blood is inserted through a platelet extraction centrifuge and then injected into the scalp.
Platelet-rich plasma injections can also help reduce hair loss. Plasma-rich plasma involves removal of blood from the body, and extract platelet-rich plasma and inject it back into the scalp in the affected area. It speeds up tissue repair.
In some cases, doctors can recommend a hair transplant if the person does not respond well to treatment. Small pieces of the scalp are removed and added to the bald area to enlarge the hair in the area naturally. Hair transplant therapy can be more expensive than other treatments and may not be suitable for everyone. Hairsure Clinic also provides all the above therapies with experienced doctors who can give you the best results.
Consider making an appointment with a doctor at Hairsure Clinic if you experience sudden or severe hair loss. Some diseases, such as Thyroid problems may not respond to home remedies and may require treatment for the underlying cause.
Also, remember that whatever treatment you use can take six months to a year to show improvement in areas where hair loss has occurred. Hair loss can affect men and women. Hair loss in women can have several causes, although the most common is androgenetic alopecia.
There are several hair loss treatments for women, including OTC hair loss treatments, which are generally useful. Anyone who experiences hair loss should visit their doctor who can diagnose all the underlying factors. If the doctor suspects there are other causes or the person does not respond well to any treatment and some tips, then the doctor will consider other treatment options.
If you are suffering from hair loss and looking for the best treatment contact Hairsure Clinic at +91-40- 42 02 02 02 and see best results.