Many believe that a hair transplantation surgery is the end of all problems and the answer to baldness. But, a hair transplant surgery in itself is not the answer, it is the beginning of a process that is multilayered and periodical.
There are various stages after a hair transplant surgery. Firstly, post the surgery the hair needs to go through all the stages of recovery in order to be dense and thick. in order to get the desired results after a hair transplant surgery, you need to take certain measures and precautions so that the newly transplanted scalp is not affected. In FUT and FUE procedures, you need to be even more cautious as these are very sensitive forms of a hair transplant surgery.
Hair Transplant Surgery Stages
- Go home and take rest in abundance, so that there is less of pain on the scalp. The first phase of recovery after a hair transplant surgery is for the small scabs to heal initially,, which is usually done in 7-10 days. The process is continuous and if the proper instructions are followed, you will be totally healed in 3- 4 months.
- The second stage is to recover from the burning and the pain after a hair transplant surgery. It is usually advised to the people to stay away from work which involves physical exertion, for a minimum of a weeks time. But, people who are into other forms of employment, where the requirement for physical stress is lesser, may commence work in 3 -5 days, from the day of the hair transplantation surgery.
- The donor area will remain swollen and red with the marks from surgery. Within 3-5 days after the surgery, the raw area in the donor area will be completely healed and the recipient area will need 14-15 days for considerable healing to take place.But, the tenderness in the area continues to exist for a while.
- The first indication of hair growth takes place two weeks after the surgery when there are numerous small crusts that are formed on the scalp. The crust is formed due to the dried skin formed on the back on the head. In three months , there are small hair which are formed on the crust and the scalp
- After three weeks from the surgery, the shaft of the hair begins to grow and old hair naturally starts shedding from the scalp. This is the beginning of the process of hair growth. In this stage, the follicular hair unit and the hair bulb gives rise to a new shaft.
- Upon completion of eight weeks after the surgery hair growth is seen from the hair follicles and the quantity of hair growth is much more than what is was prior to the hair transplant surgery. The hair which grows after the completion of two months is very thin and the thickness increases after a few more months.
- Between the fifth and eight month the hair growth is more dense and the hair is longer at this time. People may go for hair coloring and other hairstyles at this point.
- A year after the hair transplant surgery, 90% of hair has grown on the scalp.
- After eighteen months from the time of the hair transplant surgery; total hair density and increased volume of hair is usually seen, which ensures the hair transplant surgery was effective.
- Patience is the key when it comes to a hair transplant surgery. Just like normal hair takes a while to grow back after a haircut, after a hair transplant surgery, it takes almost a year to see the overall result. We at Hairsure, will be more than happy to be involved in your journey of transformation and also help you with the aspect of patience. So book an appointment or visit us to take a step further to finally having a ‘good hair day’.
About The Clinic:
HairSure is one of the leading hair clinics at Habsiguda, Hyderabad and we have the best hair transplant surgeons in Hyderabad practising at HairSure. Trichologists at the HairSure clinic are experts in hair transplantation and PRP treatment etc. Two of our leading doctors are known to be the best trichologists in Hyderabad.