Nowadays, everyone is looking for quick results, including surgeries, due to their busy schedule. Now the latest trending surgeries take less duration with an increasing success rate. With the development of the latest technology in the medical field, the time taken for surgeries has reduced a lot. The surgical procedures for surgeons have become so easy. In the present days, they are doing 3 procedures in a day, earlier they used to do 3 procedures a week. The recommended age for hair restoration surgery is 25 and above.
Hair restoration surgeries in India are very budget-friendly, so we have many foreign patients from almost all parts of the world. They are given special privileges as well. In this blog, we are showcasing the latest trends in hair restoration.
Benefits of Hair Restoration
- Boosts the self-confidence of the person after the hair restoration.
- Permanent solution: hair restoration is a long-lasting solution which gives peace of mind
- Self-confidence: As the bald spots that once prevented you from socializing are gone, you can now enjoy and are free to socialize.
- The hair restoration surgery needs relatively less maintenance once the hair follicles start growing hair. It is almost the same as natural hair maintenance.
- This one-time expense you incur is worth the results. Once your new hair grows, rarely will you need a doctor’s appointment.
- The success rate of all hair transplant surgeries is good. This is the reason why patients opt for hair transplant procedures.
Popular Hair Restoration Trends
Follicular unit extraction(FUE)
Follicular unit extraction(FUE) is a highly advanced surgical procedure for hair restoration. As this procedure leaves no linear scar, it is mostly recommended for younger patients who prefer to have short hair. The hair follicles are extracted from the back side of the head and implanted in the bald area. This procedure is done under local anaesthesia. It takes 8-10 hours, depending on the recipient area. Generally, it depends on the bald area, but 4,000 grafts are needed as a permanent solution for hair loss. It takes about 5-10 days for the newly transplanted hair to get rooted. Initially, the newly restored hair falls off, and that’s expected. Then the newly transplanted hair follicles start generating new hair, which is permanent.
Follicular unit transplant(FUT)
The follicular unit transplant surgery is the most successful, well-established and highly practised surgical procedure for hair restoration. This technique removes a healthy strip of thin hair from the donor area and implants it in the bald area. It takes 6-12 months to heal. Once the healing process is complete, the newly transplanted hair starts growing and filling the scalp’s bald patches. The duration of this surgery is 4-8 hours. If the balding area is large, you must return for another session the next day. The patient is given local anaesthesia to numb the scalp. The time taken for recovery differs from person to person. The results are visible between 12-18 months after the procedure. The newly implanted hair starts growing with improved thickness and texture.
Neograft hair transplant
This modern hair restoration technology adds thickness and density to the hairline. In this medical procedure, the hair follicles are collected into a medical aesthetic device and directly implanted into the recipient’s area. The complete surgical process is done by a trained, skilled, and experienced hair transplant surgeon under local anaesthesia. The recovery time taken for this procedure is 12 to 18 months after the surgery. The neograft procedure is cheaper than FUE.
Platelets-rich plasma hair transplant(PRP)
PRP injections trigger natural hair growth. Hair growth is maintained by increasing the blood supply to the hair follicle and the hair shaft’s thickness. This procedure consists of three main steps:
Step 1: About 8-12ml of platelets-rich plasma is drawn from the arm of the patient.
Step 2: The drawn blood from the syringe is transferred to the centrifuge machine, where the blood is distinguished into 3 different layers,
- Platelet-poor plasma
- Platelet-rich plasma
- Red blood cells
Step 3: In the third step, the platelet-rich plasma is taken into the syringe from the centrifuge and injected directly into the scalp of the affected area into the patient’s scalp.
Direct hair transplant(DHT)
The patient is given local anaesthesia to numb the scalp during this process. Then the surgeon extracts the hair follicles from the back of the head using a fine tip. After the follicles are loaded into the pen-shaped tool, the hair is implanted into the bald area of the recipient. DHT is an advanced version of FUE.
Sapphire hair transplant
It is an FUE and is performed with sapphire blades instead of the traditional steel blades, and hair follicles are extracted one by one with the aid of a micro motor and micro punches. Then the donor’s hair is implanted into the recipient area where the incisions are made. The complete medical procedure is done under local anaesthesia.
Aftercare for best hair restoration results
After the hair restoration, it is very important to take care of the newly transplanted hair as per your doctor’s advice. Below are a few tips that one must adhere to for the best results:-
- No self-medication: It is quite common to take painkillers without consulting your doctor when the pain increases in the surgical area, which is not advisable. Your medical prescription includes anti-biotics, anti-inflammatory and painkiller medicines. If any issue arises, it’s better to consult your doctor immediately.
- Avoid head bath: it’s better to avoid a head bath during the first few days of surgery, as the implanted hair follicles are still delicate, and there are chances of the follicles getting damaged.
- Avoid vigorous exercises: It is not recommended by doctors to do vigorous exercises post-surgery because when you do exercises, sweat is formed, which is not good for restoring hair follicles and can also lead to bleeding, swelling and sometimes can even loss of hair grafts.
- Avoid alcohol: If you have the habit of drinking alcohol, you must quit it before and after the surgical procedure and start drinking after the doctor’s advice. This is because alcohol causes blood thinning which causes excessive bleeding during and after the surgical procedure.
- Avoid direct sunlight: The new hair grafts are more delicate and sensitive when exposed to direct sunlight. When exposed to direct sunlight, your skin has adverse effects on the skin. It is very essential to stay away from the sun or cover your head with a scarf or cap.
It’s imperative to take ultimate care before and after the hair transplant surgery to make it successful. We at HairSure International perform all types of Hair transplant treatments for all age groups. Contact us today at 040- 40 020202, 9494020202, email@example.com or visit our website https://www.hairsure.in/