Hair Transplant surgeries are giving a boost to the confidence and self-image of many hair loss patients. In certain professions, looks matter a lot. Hair is a total game changer in how one appears. Hairstyle is also a reflection of one’s personality. Irrespective of gender, people are experimenting with their looks, and a new hairstyle is a quick way to do that.
Modern hair transplant techniques like FUE, FUT, PRP, and Sapphire technologies provide natural and long-lasting results. There are specific conditions that require a second hair transplant. A second hair transplant in HairSure International is a safe hair transplant procedure, but several precautions must be taken. This blog gives you expert advice on what you need to know about a second hair transplant.
When should you think about a second hair transplant?
Most patients regain a thick, full head of hair in just a single hair transplant. But an additional procedure is helpful to add density to the hair and obtain more natural-looking results.
Androgenetic alopecia is evolving. Please know that hair transplantation cannot prevent future baldness. So if you get the hair transplant done at the beginning of hair loss when it has not yet stabilized, you may need a second hair transplant surgery to fill in the areas where hair has continued to fall out. So deciding the age at which you will get your first hair transplant is essential. Wait till the hair loss has stabilized.
Large areas of baldness
A single procedure may not be sufficient if you have an extensive bald area. If the bald area is large, it requires a vast number of grafts, and extracting so many grafts in a single procedure can jeopardize their survival. Hence, there is a limit on the number of grafts transplanted per transplant. So in such cases, a second hair transplant operation ensures the safety of grafts and guarantees a more natural and dense result. Please ensure that a trustworthy clinic advises you regarding the appropriate hair transplant technique.
Fixing issues with an earlier hair transplant
Suppose the first hair transplant fails for several reasons, such as insufficient donor hair or poor-quality grafts. To avoid such scenarios, a preliminary study of the grafts in the donor area is essential, and it is vital to make the right choice of surgeon. The chosen hair transplant clinic must be known for the expertise and quality of its surgeons and medical team. So to correct the mistakes of inexperienced doctors, a second hair restoration surgery is the best option.
What is the waiting period between two hair transplants?
The results of the first hair transplant will take six months to one year to show up. This includes post-op care, recovery, and body recovery requires time. So a second hair transplant is not done immediately after the first operation. The minimum wait period is 12 months before planning a second operation. Within this period, the healing from the first one will take place. Hence the results can be observed appropriately. The surgeon will also be able to plan how many grafts will be needed for the second one based on the patient’s requirements and the reason for the second hair transplant. If the patient continues to see hair fall even after the first hair transplant, it is recommended to wait until it stabilizes.
What is the maximum number of hair transplants that one can undergo?
The factors determining the maximum number of hair transplants are the patient’s donor area quality and the number of grafts taken during each procedure.
Preparations for a second hair transplant
Once your treating surgeon decides the best time for a second transplant, the preparations are similar to the first hair transplant, such as:
- Stop smoking at least a couple of weeks before the surgery. Smoking is deterred mental to wound healing and also affects your recovery.
- For a week before the surgery, avoid alcohol as it interferes with recovery. It is better to have your last alcoholic drink a week before your surgery.
- Let the donor area grow fully, so don’t have a haircut before surgery. A healthy donor area will also cover the stitches following your surgery.
- Some clinics advise blood tests, ECG, etc., for patients above 50.
- Since a hair transplant is surgery, stop taking thinning blood drugs such as aspirin or anti-inflammatory medication two weeks before your surgery. Also, stop anti-depressants and beta-blockers. Your surgeon should provide this information for you.
- Maintain a calm mind and avoid any stress-causing activities. The healthier your mind, the healthier you will recover.
- Plan your activities, so you can rest well post-op without worrying about work.
- Discuss your post-op results with your surgeon beforehand to avoid any surprises later.
- Find out if your clinic offers any discounts for a second hair transplant.
- Make sure you arrange for a companion to drive you back home. If you are coming from out of town, arrange your accommodation closer to the clinic so that it will be easy for you to go back and also come for follow-ups.
We at Hair Sure International give you a complete length analysis of why you might need a second hair transplant. Only after you are satisfied we proceed further. Please visit our website https://www.hairsure.in/ to know more or contact us at – 040- 42020202, 9494020202, and email@example.com.