The main purpose of hair transplant is to add more hair to an area of the scalp with thinning or balding. The main principle is to take hair from thicker parts of the scalp or other parts of the body and graft it to the thinning or balding section of the scalp. All across the world, hair loss is experienced by 60 per cent of men and 50 per cent of women. The first steps are over-the-counter products, topical treatments, home care products, etc. A hair transplant is a relatively long-lasting hair restoration method. Do you know that it was in 1939 that the first transplant was performed in Japan with single scalp hairs? Then came the hair “plug” technique, where large tufts of hair were transplanted. But now, we have mini- and micro-grafts to minimize the appearance of transplanted hair on the scalp.
Are hair transplants worth the cost?
We at HairSure Clinic have ample evidence which supports that hair transplants are typically more successful than over-the-counter hair restoration products.
How is the cost of a hair transplant determined?
Hair transplants cost depends on factors such as:-
- Area of baldness
- Expertise and experience in the clinic and the surgeon
- The number of sessions and grafts required
- The type of treatment selected
- Post-surgery medications may also add to the final cost.
Most health insurance providers consider hair transplants a cosmetic procedure and may not cover it.
What is the hair transplant procedure?
In any hair transplant procedure, the surgeon takes your hair (donor site)and transfers it to an area where you don’t have hair (recipient site). The most preferred donor site is the back of your head, but other body parts can also be donor sites.
The donor site is sterilized and numbed with a local anaesthetic. The most preferred procedures are FUT or FUE.
Follicular unit transplantation (FUT) Procedure
FUT, or the follicular unit strip surgery (FUSS), is done in these steps:
- Often from the back of the head, the surgeon removes a piece of your scalp using a scalpel. The strip size ranges between 6 and 10 inches but can stretch from ear to ear.
- With the help of stitches, they close the scalp donor area where the incision was made.
- The extracted scalp is separated into smaller pieces with a scalpel. They may split the piece into 2,000 smaller fragments, called grafts and a few grafts may contain only one hair each.
- With a needle or blade, the surgeon makes small holes in the recipient area of the scalp.
- The donor area grafts are inserted into the holes of the recipient area, and this process is called grafting.
- The entire surgical site is covered with bandages or gauze.
Follicular unit extraction (FUE) procedure
FUE procedure is done as follows:-
- Hair on the back of your head is shaved, and the surgeon takes individual follicles out of the scalp.
- The surgeon makes small holes in the recipient area scalp and grafts hair follicles into the holes. Tiny marks appear at the site where each follicle was removed. The surgical site is covered with bandages or gauze.
What can I expect after a Hair Transplant?
The results of Hair Transplant largely depend on post-hair transplant hair care.
Within a couple of weeks of the surgery, you must be careful about the hair care procedure.
You should do:-
- Take rest, so the surgical site heals
- Follow all hair care guidelines given by our expert HairSure Surgeons
- Take medications that will aid in healing and reduce pain
- Sleep with head slightly raised.
You should not
- Scratch the scalp
- Expose it to excess heat
- Apply styling products
- Do excess physical activity, which might cause sweating of the scalp.
Within two to three months of hair transplantation, all the newly grafted hair sheds off. This is very common and an expected outcome. So do not get alarmed by this stage. All the transplanted hair falls off, and slowly new hair starts growing in its place. Based on how the hairline was designed before the surgery, the new hair takes that exact shape. The density of the hair also improves slightly.
Getting a hair transplant is a matter of self-confidence for many. Having the desired hairline and thick, luscious hair makes men and women of any age happier. The results of a Hair Transplant are long-lasting and have a natural appearance. In the early days of hair plugs, it was quite evident that the person had some procedure done due to the patchy look. The patients can also opt for revision surgery wherein any adjustments to the hairline can be made, or more grafting can be done.
We at HairSure International have been in the field of Hair Restoration for a couple of decades. We have evolved and have continuously upgraded our skills, knowledge and technology in the clinic. We are always up-to-date with the latest and most reliable Hair Transplant Techniques. This is why we attract local people and all clients from all over the world. Visit our website https://www.hairsure.in/ or reach us on 040- 42020202, 9494020202, or email@example.com.