One thing that all of us experience while watching television is advertisements. One of the most eye catching ones are the hair product ads in which women with long and lustrous hair are seen conquering the world and flaunting their success, and their beautiful hair. Every time we seem them swish their shiny hair, you look at our hair and feel sad at the frizzy texture and dull look.
So the most visible damage of hair that impacts your appearance is either hair loss or hair shaft disorders. Hair shaft disorders are the most common these days and the most depressing as well. The frizzy look that the hair gets results in the hair looking dead, and eventually leads to the same.
Here we have some treatments to look into, to help you regain the life of your hair. So to begin with, let’s see what could possibly help us recognise hair shaft disorders.
Hair shaft abnormalities can be hereditary. These disorders are usually associated with hair breakage and split ends. A dermoscopy of hair and scalp (trichoscopy) have gained popularity as a valuable technique in the diagnosis of hair loss and hair shaft disorders. The procedure allows viewing of the hair and scalp at magnified scales. A trichoscopy can help visualize the hair and scalp structures and include hair shafts of different types: vellus, terminal, micro-exclamation-mark type, monilethrix and trichorrhexis invaginata.
Treatment of hair shaft disorders
Currently, there are no specific treatments for inherited structural hair disorders. In structural hair disorders that are acquired due to poor hair care and excess exposure to harmful cosmetics, avoiding the usage of these causative agents may show improvement.
Listed below are some do’s, and don’ts that can avoid the risk of having acquired hair shaft disorders:
- Avoid excessive grooming, braiding, hair weaving, traction, heat treatments, straightening, perming and hair colouring.
- Reduce exposure to direct sunlight. Cover your hair.
- Wash your hair with a gentle shampoo, diluted with lukewarm water.
- Apply a good conditioner to your freshly washed hair while it is wet.
- Do not use a hairdryer, or you can use it with a cold air setting.
- Gentle hair care is the most recommended.
- Short hairstyles are advisable, especially these days for women to maintain the shine and health of the hair.
- Trimming your hair at regular intervals is important, to avoid split ends.
Treatments for hair shaft disorders are mostly natural and can be called home remedies. They are the best treatments you can confidently try and treat hair at home. But it is also best to speak to your doctor to know your hair better and to have a much safer guidance to help your hair with care.
About the Clinic:
HairSure is one of the leading hair clinics at Habsiguda, Hyderabad and we have the best hair transplant surgeons in Hyderabad practising at HairSure. Trichologists at the HairSure clinic are experts in hair transplantation and PRP treatment etc. Two of our leading doctors are known to be the best trichologists in Hyderabad.