The Sapphire technique is a hair transplantation technique that eliminates thinning or balding of the scalp. The entire transplantation procedure can be completed in a single session, and it’s wonderful that the results are permanent. This method allows frequent planting, and hence excellent results are achieved even in narrow areas.
How does the FUE Sapphire technique work?
Sapphire hair transplantation is suitable for men and women between the ages of 18 and 80. The patient must be in a good health condition, which means even if the patient has chronic conditions like high blood pressure, diabetes, etc, they should be controlled first.
- Patients should avoid smoking and alcohol consumption since cigarettes and alcohol reduces the recovery time and may cause damage to the grafts.
- Blood thinners should be avoided since they increase the risk of bleeding during the operation. Certain blood-thinning herbal supplements such as green tea should not be consumed as well.
- On the day of the surgery, clean your hair and do not apply any artificial hair products even if you use them regularly.
Sapphire transplant process in a nutshell
In a single session, 4000 grafts can be applied, and in a single session of 6 to 8 hours, the process is completed. Details such as the number of grafts to be used and the width of the hair transplantation area can cause a change in the procedure time.
Step-wise description of the whole process:-
- The first step is the application of sedation.
- After the patient is sedated, grafts are collected. The most preferred donor areas are the nape (back of the scalp), and the chest is selected if there is no sufficient hair in the nape area. Grafts are collected one by one using FUE motors.
- Microchannels are opened where the grafts will be placed. Sapphire-tipped blades are used in the grooving phase, and this is the most important distinction from other hair transplantation techniques. The use of sapphire-tipped blades prevents tissue damage, and the blood circulation is not disturbed.
- After the channel opening process, the transplantation starts, and grafts are inserted one by one into the newly opened channels.
- Unshaved sapphire FUE hair transplantation is preferred mostly by women where only the hair at the donor area is shaved. It gives privacy to the patient while undergoing hair transplantation treatment without being exposed.
At the end of the hair transplant, the problem of baldness/sparseness is eliminated, resulting in an aesthetically pleasing appearance. The use of sapphire tips reduces vibration, which means less risk of tissue damage. This technique allows for more frequent transplantation, due to which intense baldness issues also can be eliminated.
Patients experience less swelling and heal quickly as compared to other hair transplant methods. Steel knives used in other methods can cause allergies, which are avoided by using sapphire tips.
How does the post hair transplantation phase look like?
Patients should stay in the hospital for one day of rest. After 2 days, the patients should return to the clinic for a hair wash. In the first month, the scabs are removed. Within 3 months the there is a shock loss and which is completely normal. Permanent hair starts to grow 6 months after Sapphire FUE hair transplantation treatment. The final expected results show up in a period of 10 to 12 months.
- After the transplantation also the patients should avoid smoking and alcohol consumption.
- The area where hair transplantation is performed is very sensitive during the recovery period, and the area must be protected so that the hair follicles are not damaged. While sleeping, care should be taken that this area does not come in contact with the pillow.
- Do not miss out on the appointments, and regular follow-up is a must.
- Avoid heavy lifting for one month and excess exercise, swimming, etc. if you are used to exercising, start with walking.
Cost of Sapphire FUE Technique
The cost of the procedure is primarily determined by factors like the width of the transplantation area and the number of grafts to be treated. Other contributing factors are:
- The surgeon’s expertise.
- Technical equipment in the clinic.
- The experience of the technical team performing the transplantation.
Hairsure International has been voted the best hair transplant centre in Hyderabad by Times Health Survey, 2021. Our clinic is equipped with the latest technology, and we have experienced surgeons and staff readily available for your service. Reach us at 040-4202002 or email – email@example.com.