Fashion trend related to hair is seeing its peak now. But so is hair loss problem. Undoubtedly, this is a very conflicting situation. On one hand, you want to try new hairstyles; on the other hand, you do not have hair. What do you do? Should you worry about being bald? How can you prevent it?
Well, let’s find out all about balding – it’s causes, symptoms, & treatment!
What Is Baldness?
Baldness actually refers to the excessive hair loss from your scalp.
Commonly, everyone will lose hair every day, at least 100 hairs per day. The strands fall, and then grow up and the cycle repeats again. But, if you notice that you are losing hair more than the usual, and it is not growing back. This may result in baldness.
Some people let their hair loss to continue, without taking any precautions or without choosing any treatment options. Some people cover their baldness with their hairstyles, hats or by using scarves. Some people consider choosing the best treatment option available to prevent hair loss and find ways to restore hair growth.
How Can You Identify Balding?
Baldness will occur when the hair follicle begins to shrink, and the hair becomes shorter and finer. Baldness can appear in many different ways, depending on its cause. It can happen suddenly or gradually. The common symptoms of baldness include:
- Thinning of hair at the crown on the top of the head is the most common type of hair loss. When this happens, the hair becomes thinner and shorter.
- You may notice a large amount of hair on your pillow or bed sheet after you woke up.
- Also, a huge amount of hair breakages is also a sign of baldness.
- Some people experience coin shaped bald spots in their scalp.
- A handful of hair may come out while combing or washing hair.
- In men, the scalp will begin to thin and can identify noticeable baldness on the top of head appears.
- Apart from thinning hair on the head, men and women may experience baldness in armpits, legs and eyebrows.
- Constant shredding of hair is also a symptom of baldness.
What Causes Baldness?
There are different reasons that can cause baldness. Some of them include:
- Heredity: Hereditary is the most common cause of baldness and it occurs usually with ageing. It is also called as male-pattern baldness or female-pattern baldness. With this, men notice receding hairline and bald spots and women notice thinning hair.
- Medications: Use of certain drugs for treating cancer, depression, heart problems can also cause hair loss.
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes due to pregnancy, childbirth, thyroid or menopause can cause hair loss in women.
- Illness: Illness and few medical conditions such as diabetes or lupus are also some causes of hair loss. This can be credited to the stress associated with these diseases. Diseases like PCOD may also cause hair loss in women.
- Fungal infections: Fungal infections also affect the scalp. They can be really itchy. Excessive scratching can weaken the hair follicles. Thus, you may lose hair.
- Age: But, as we age, the hair volume gradually decreases, even if there is no history of baldness in the family.
What Are The Treatment Options For Baldness?
Luckily, with the emerging technology, there are many treatment options for baldness. Treatments include surgeries and medications to improve hair growth and reduce hair loss.
- Medications: If the hair loss is caused by a disease, an effective treatment for that disease is required. The medication may include drugs that reduce inflammation and also your immune system. If some of the medications cause hair loss, a doctor might suggest stopping that medicine for a period of time.
- Hair transplantation or restoration: Hair transplantation or hair restoration is a minimally invasive treatment for hair loss. During the hair transplantation procedure, the surgeon removes the hair from the areas of the scalp that have active hair growth and will transplant them in the area that has thinning hair or baldness.
Before you make a decision about treating baldness, it is always advisable to consult a doctor to find the reason for the hair loss and then choose the right treatment option that suits you.
At HairSure, we have skilled Hair Care Professionals for all kinds of hair problems. We take pride in the positive feedback given to us by our happy & satisfied customers. We provide hair baldness treatment for both men and women. If you are facing any hair trouble, Book an Appointment with us to avail customised treatment.
About The Clinic:
HairSure is one of the leading hair clinics at Habsiguda, Hyderabad and we have the best Hair Transplant Surgeons in Hyderabad practising at HairSure. At the HairSure clinic, we have a team of experts in hair transplantation and PRP treatments. Our clinic has been rated one of the best for all hair transplant procedures and treatment for various hair problems. We assure you our services will bring you smiles.