Are you looking for hair transplantation, and worried about the results?
How do you decide which solution gives you the best result for you?
At present days, almost every age group suffers from hair loss. Depending on the level of hair loss, hair recovery has many different choices. Finding the right solution depends on your personal hair recovery goals, hair loss level, and treatment options, as suggested by the doctor.
It may be challenging to choose between surgical and non-surgical hair restoration procedures because both have their results. Whether surgical or non-surgical, the main goal is to achieve the desired long-term results.
If you are having early stages of hair loss, you can first consider options such as medications, topical solutions, or low-level laser treatments. If your hair loss has progressed further, or haven’t seen the expected results with other treatments, then consider hair transplantation. Hair transplantation procedure can help restore the full head of hair and gives permanent results.
If your hair becomes thin and if the bald head annoys you, then this procedure can be a way to make you feel safer in your appearance. However, talk with your doctor about what to expect during and after surgery and how results after the procedure.
In this blog, the Hairsure Clinic provides you with some standard answers about the questions patients have when considering hair transplants. Does having Hair Transplants is Permanent Solution, and factor to follow before a hair transplant to get a permanent solution.
What Is a Hair Transplant?
The surgical procedure used to collect hair follicles from body parts called “donor sites” to a bald head, or bald body parts called “recipient sites.” This technique is mainly used to treat hair loss.
Factors that Affect Hair Loss:
Hair loss is usually associated with one or more of the following factors:
- Family history (inheritance)
- Hormonal changes and diseases.
- Medicines and supplements.
- Radiotherapy to the head.
- A very stressful event.
- Certain hairstyles and treatments
Who are the Ideal Candidates for Hair Transplantation?
All races, men, and women can be good candidates for hair transplants. There are two things we at Hairsure Clinic follow to select right candidates for hair transplants:
To transplant in areas that need hair doctor to choose the hair that is strong enough on the scalp
the scalp should have the ability to grow hair on the thinning part of your scalp.
During a consultation with a surgeon, the doctor carefully examines the scalp and find out if you have both. A doctor might also need a blood test to find out why you suffer from hair loss. This can look for things that happen in your body that causes hair loss. Some of the patients also need a procedure called a scalp biopsy. A doctor can quickly and easily find out what was required for a scalp biopsy during a consultation.
If tests show positive results that you are the right candidate for hair transplantation, then the doctor explains to you the results of what you can expect after surgery.
How Do Hair Transplants Work?
In hair transplantation procedure doctor removes the hair you have and moves it to an area where you don’t have hair. Usually, the hair is taken from the back of the head, but can also choose from other body parts. Before starting a transplant, your surgeon sterilizes the area where the hair must be removed and treated with local anaesthesia.
Your surgeon then does one of the two transplant methods: FUT or FUE.
Procedure At Hairsure Clinic during a Hair Transplant:
After cleaning the scalp thoroughly, the surgeon uses local anaesthesia to numb the area of the head with a small needle.
Now we take a closer look at FUE, and FUT procedures, and FUE procedure advantages compared to the FUT. In this way, you can better choose the best method for you.
Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) Procedure:
- With a scalpel, the surgeon usually removes a piece of scalp from the back of the head. The size of the stripe is often around 6 to 10 inches but can extend from ear to ear.
- The removed scalped area is covered with stitches
- The surgeon with a scalpel divides the scalp strip into smaller pieces. They can separate the parts upto 2000 small fragments called grafts. Some of these grafts can only contain one hair.
- With a needle, the surgeon makes a small hole in the scalp, where the hair is transplanted.
- From a removed piece of the scalp, the surgeon inserts hair into a hole. This step is called a transplant.
- Then cover the surgical site with a bandage or gauze.
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE):
- To perform the FUE procedure, your surgeon performs the following steps:
- A doctor shaves the hair on the back of your head.
- The surgeon then separates each follicle from the scalp. You can see the marks where they removed each follicle
- Like the FUT procedure, the surgeon makes a small incision in your scalp and grafts the hair follicles into the incision.
- After grafting, the scalp covered for several days by using gauze or bandages
Hair transplantation can take four hours or more. The sutures are removed about ten days after surgery.
Sometimes required to take up to three or four sessions to get the full hair you want. The sessions can be done with a gap of a few months so that each transplant can heal completely.
Improvements in hairline creation and placement of hair in thinning areas also help produce natural-looking results. Thanks to this progress, the results can look very natural, even the barber or hairdresser cannot identify that you have hair transplantation.
Advantages of FUE compared with FUT Procedure:
- Virtually invisible scars
- Minimal pain after your procedure
- Less downtime
- Ensures a natural-looking hairline
- Less risk of complications
Benefits of Hair Transplantation
- Natural-looking hairs.
- The results are lifelong if done correctly and by experienced surgeons.
- Cost-Effective treatment.
Patients must follow all postoperative surgeon instructions for better results. Your surgeon is your best friend who can help you get the results you want for surgery. However, all you need is to follow all instructions and maintain your scalp or the area of the transplant.
Now the question arises whether hair transplantation is a permanent solution for hair loss.
The answer is yes, hair transplantation is permanent if done on a healthy scalp, and the patient does not suffer from other medical disorders that cause hair loss. Permanent hair-bearing areas or donors area is resistant to DHT (dihydrotestosterone), the hormone responsible for hair loss. DHT plays an essential role in male baldness. After recovery, the hair stays in the same place for the rest of your life.
Hair transplantation is generally more successful than over-the-counter hair restoration products such as medications, injections, and topical creams. However, there are several factors to consider:
- The transplanted hair grow fully in about three to four months.
- Like healthy hair, transplanted hair becomes thinner over time.
People with dormant hair follicles (sacs that usually contain hair under the skin but cannot grow hair) may have less effective transplants.
Hair transplantation doesn’t work for everyone. They are mainly used for hair restoration if they are naturally bald or thinner or lose hair due to injury.
Does having Hair Transplants is Permanent Solution?
Hair transplantation considered permanent, when you choose experienced surgeons and transplanted hairs from the back of the scalp, as this hair is genetically more durable. The hairline design and transplantation of hair should plan with a view to the artists and future in mind.
Hair loss is an ongoing process. Although the transplant is permanent, all objects in the body undergo the ageing process. The transplanted hair become finer and grey over time like the back of your scalp and natural hair.
The hair follicles behind the head are far more resistant to the bald head and don’t fall like your natural hair. This hair is perfect for anyone who is looking for a permanent hair recovery solution. However, this can cause problems because the patient continues to experience hair loss from the surrounding area after surgery. If a hair transplant is done early, it looks unnatural later, as the transplanted hair stays in place, and the surrounding hair falls out and leaves patches and bald scalp.
The Results Depend on the surgeon you Choose:
Although this progress provides patients with natural-looking results, the results are very dependent on the surgeon you choose. You should choose a doctor who understands hair loss and regularly does a hair transplant.
A doctor who specializes in disorders of the skin, hair, and nails that doctor should know a lot about hair loss. Any surgeon can perform a hair transplant, but the skill of the surgeon lies in determining whether you are the right candidate for hair transplantation.
Find A Surgeon:
Visit the hospital website for information about surgeons in your area who do hair transplants and meet the surgeon directly.
Here are some tips for finding a hair transplant surgeon:
- Choose only licensed and board-certified surgeons.
- Check the photos of before and after transplant procedures of previous patients
- Read doctors testimonial.
- Check the experience of the doctor regarding hair transplantation
- Check the hospital infrastructure
- Check the team of doctor who involved in the transplantation procedure
- Ask about the process and see how the doctor is explaining
- Talk with the previous patients of doctor and ask they result
How It is Important in Choosing the Right Hair Transplant Surgeon:
- It is essential to find a doctor who is qualified to transplant your hair follicles naturally. HairSure Clinic doctors specialize in the production of hairlines that look very natural, and the transplanted hair is undetectable to the naked eye.
- Our doctors are recognized throughout the world and have been a member of national and international associations. Hairsure Clinic has been providing the most experienced hair transplantation experts in India for many years. To achieve a successful hair transplant, you should seek advice from an experienced doctor, and he discusses the results and causes of hair loss as follows:
- The leading cause and type of hair loss must consider first. If hair loss caused by reasons other than male pattern baldness, hair transplantation is not the right treatment choice.
- The level of hair loss and the presence of the donor’s hair must be assessed. The hair transplant may not give you your desired or expected results in some instances. These instances include:
- When the degree of hair loss is severe
- When the donor’s hair is weak, thin around the head, beard or chest,
- A history of medical, surgical, or detailed drug allergies is taken by the doctor, to avoid adverse complications.
- Patients with early or moderate hair loss and planning for a hair transplant should consider that they may need additional transplant sessions in the future as hair loss progress.
When do Do Patients see Hair Transplant Results?
Hair transplantation is a permanent solution for androgenetic alopecia (male pattern baldness).
- Most of the patients see the results between 6 and 9 months after transplantation surgery. Some patients need 12 months.
- It is essential to know that transplanted hair disappear between 2 and 8 weeks after surgery; this is normal. From the 3rd month, your hair may look thinner than before the transplantation procedure; this is also normal.
- The medicine can help you get the results
- To get the best results from hair transplantation, your dermatologist can recommend treatments for hair loss. Medication helps because hair loss, and thinning can continue even after a hair transplant.
- Medications can prevent or delay hair loss and thinning. This way, you can get natural results for years.
Most hair transplants are done with your existing hair, so transplantation is not as effective treating people with:
- Extensive thinning and baldness
- Hair loss caused due to chemotherapy or other drugs
- Thick scalp scars due to injury
Here are some tips to Follow after Hair Transplants to give Permanent Solution:
- Wait a few days after surgery to wash your hair. Use only mild shampoo in the first few weeks.
- Within 3 days, the patient can return to work or normal activities.
- Do not press the brush or comb on the area of the new graft for about 3 weeks.
- Don’t wear a hat or sweater, shirt or jacket until the doctor tells you.
- Do not exercise for about one week.
- Don’t worry if your hair falls out; this is part of the procedure.
Recent technological advancements have made hair replacement an opportunity that is suitable for many people, but doctors must use this technique wisely to get a permanent result. It is essential to check your doctor and medical team because someone cannot do the whole procedure with one hand. Improvement and accuracy in all phases of the process are significant for good results. Proper following the surgical procedure and use of quality instrument must not be compromised.
If properly transplanted, it is a procedure that is very beneficial for surgeons and patients. It is important to remember that patients condition get worse results when he or she fails to choose the right doctor. The right doctor is the one who follows the appropriate surgical procedure.
Talk to our doctor at Hairsure Clinic about the risks, how much improvement you get from surgery, and to have a permanent solution for your condition. This can help you decide whether this is an excellent choice for you.
Experienced hair transplant surgeon at Hairsure Clinic will advise you the expected results, recovery, and answers to your hair transplantation questions.
Want to get your confidence, youthful look back?
Request an Appointment now!
About The Clinic:
HairSure is one of the leading hair clinics at Habsiguda, Hyderabad and we have the best hair transplant surgeons in Hyderabad practising at HairSure. At HairSure clinic, we have a team of experts in hair transplantation and PRP treatments. Our clinic has been rated one of the best for all hair transplant procedures and treatment for various hair problems. We assure you our services will bring you smiles.