What is FUT?
Follicular Unit Transplants is a highly-advanced technique of hair transplantation in which thin strip of hair-bearing skin is removed from the non-bald areas of patient’s scalp. This strip of hair is divided into individual follicular units comprised of 1, 2, 3 and sometimes 4 hairs and implanted into bald areas using microscopes.
What Are The Advantages of FUT procedure?
The advantages of FUT hair transplant procedure include:
- A large number of hair follicles can be transplanted in one single session
- Provides better outcomes compared to other hair transplant procedures
- The transplanted hair gives natural-looking cosmetic effect
- Most affordable hair transplant treatment option
Who Is An Ideal Candidate For FUT?
The ideal candidate for FUT hair replacement surgery include:
- Men with male pattern baldness for more than five years
- Men who have tried all medically-proven hair loss treatments
- Men with stabilized hair loss
- Men and women who lost hair due to trauma, burns or cosmetic procedures
What Happens During The Initial Consultation?
During an initial consultation, your surgeon will review the pattern of hair loss. He will also consider other aspects which include:
- Health condition
- Bleeding and healing disorders, if any
- Your Age
- Degree of hair loss
- Quality of your donor’s hair
- Your cosmetic goals
What Happens After the FUT Procedure?
Immediately after the surgery, you may experience some redness or minor swelling that fade away after some time. Your surgeon will look for procedure outcomes and provide post-operative instructions.
What is the Cost of FUT Hair Transplant Cost? </strong
FUT Hair Transplant Cost varies from person to person depending on the number of grafts implanted and several other factors. It is a cost-effective option as it allows specialists to work faster.
How Long is the Typical FUT Recovery Time? </strong
FUT is an outpatient procedure that hardly takes 3-8 hours. You can return to your daily routine within 1-2 days following the procedure.
How Long Do FUT Results Last?
FUT results usually last long because in this procedure the patient’s hair from the permanent zone of growth is used to restore lost hair. It is one of the most successful and effective treatments when it comes to hair thinning.
Why FUT the Preferred Method of Hair Restoration?
FUT is one of the original methods to restore the look of a full head of hair. This type of hair transplant surgery is for people with extensive hair loss. It is a simple procedure that can yield maximum results.
How does FUT Differ from FUE?
1. In FUT, a strip of skin is removed from the back to restore hair in bald or less densely populated areas of the scalp. The success rate for this procedure is usually high.
2. In FUE, individual hair strands are removed from the skin and are transplanted follicle by follicle in bald or thin areas.
Will It Hurt?
FUT procedure is a completely painless procedure. It is usually performed under general anaesthesia. You may experience slight pain during the hair transplant procedure for which your surgeon may prescribe certain painkillers.